Renovating or constructing an RV park? Right here’s what actual RVers say are must-have RV resort facilities for them to ebook and deal-breakers that flip them away…
A husband and spouse staff in our RV Way of life Fb group is creating RV parks and requested our group of RVers what they search for (and keep away from) in an RV resort.
“Query: my husband and I are creating RV parks and wish to know what you want and don’t like about RV parks. Additionally what’s the one factor that could be a deal breaker for you? Thanks prematurely to your enter.”
They actually got here to the suitable place with their query as a result of the submit acquired greater than 1,000 feedback! Our RV Way of life Fb group is full of new to veteran RVers, and weekenders to full-timers, so that they acquired a wonderful vary of responses.
There’s a lot to cowl that I’m going to listing out as many must-haves and deal-breakers as attainable. Hopefully, this may turn out to be useful resource for RV park builders and renovators. Then we will all profit from essentially the most useful enhancements!
So, if you already know anybody planning to construct or renovate an RV park, share this hyperlink with them.
Really helpful & Should-Have RV Park Facilities
Over 1,000 feedback is so much to type via, however there was a variety of overlap with suggestions. I’ve compiled as many as I can as the preferred suggestions and must-have RV park facilities.
I begin off with the TOP 5 suggestions that had been talked about excess of some other. Then, I proceed in no specific order…
- #1 More room between campsites (was really useful most!)
- #2 Degree campsites
- #3 Some privateness between websites (i.e., shrubs)
- #4 Shade timber (or no less than shade)
- #5 Pet-friendly
- Pool and adult-only scorching tub
- Campsites that may accommodate greater RVs
- Clear loos and laundry room
- Card-operated laundry machines (Bonus if linked to app notifications)
- Campground actions for all ages (i.e., bingo, ice cream socials, and so forth.)
- Native suggestions for issues to do, eating places, and so forth.
- Pet “verify on” service once they must be left behind (“would pay additional for”)
- Prolonged concrete pad for below awning
- More room between campsites (sure, I’m together with this once more)
- Canine park
- Secure Wifi
- Full hookups
- Canine campsites separate from no-dog campsites
- Grownup-only campsites separate from household campsites (“would pay additional”)
- Rubbish pick-up
- Extra pull-through spots
- Hearth pit
- Picnic desk
- Trash can
- Pond, lake, lazy river, or splash park (some sort of water amenity)
- Vegetation between campsites
- Sewer at campsites
- House, area, area between campsites (actually, this was talked about A LOT!)
- Clear signage
- Trimmed timber (talked about typically)
- On-site snack and deal with choices
- Small camp retailer for requirements (& ice cream!)
- Paved campsites
- Enforced grownup hours at pool and scorching tub
- Neighbor’s sewer not close to outside residing areas of campsite (talked about typically)
- Huge roads
- Cheaper, no hook-up, one-night parking for folks passing via (standard advice)
- Incapacity/accessible areas & campsites
- Canine washing station
- Fishing pond or lake
- Nice workers
- Fenced-in playground or play space for teenagers
- Doggie daycare
- Good water strain
- Cable TV
- 30 & 50 amp energy connections
- On-site dumping
- Good lounge chairs at pool
- Child-free and pet-free zones
- More room between campsites! (Sure, it’s THAT necessary to RVers!)
Mike and Jennifer’s Summer time T-Shirts to your subsequent journey
Deal Breakers / Nuisances
You’ll see a little bit overlap between the must-haves RV resort facilities and deal breakers, however RVers had been adamant about these points on either side. So, I feel it’s solely honest to them to say them once more to emphasise how necessary it’s to have or not have.
- Campsites too shut collectively (sure, I’m beginning this listing the identical method)
- Uneven campsites
- Uninforced campground guidelines
- Uninforced quiet hours
- Unmaintained campsites
- Soiled rest room
- Soiled laundry services
- Overpriced (i.e., Campsites that value greater than lodges)
- No privateness between websites
- Parking tons disguised as RV parks
- No shade
- Full-time residents
- Deep puddles and low branches
- No pest management (i.e., big hornets nests and fireplace ant infestations)
- Unmaintained gravel or roads
- Sewer connection sits quite a lot of inches above the bottom
- 10-year rule
- Impolite, uncaring, untrained workers
- Sewer subsequent to neighbor’s picnic space (sure, price mentioning on this listing, too)
- Younger teenagers and youngsters driving golf carts
- Political flags
- Too near freeway or freeway
RV Parks to Replicate
Just a few RV Way of life members kindly talked about superb parks they’ve visited that they advocate replicating. They both excel at providing one of the best RV resort facilities or have excellent layouts.
Having a template to work from is actually useful. There’s no cause to reinvent the wheel when you may replicate it.
- Fort Wilderness in Orlando, FL
- Camp Fimfo in Waco, TX
- West Glacier KOA in West Glacier, MT
- Carolina Pines in Conway, SC
- Centennial RV Park in Montrose, CO (really useful for park structure)
- Crescent Bar Recreation Space in WA (really useful for entry & structure)
- Manistique Lakeshore Campground in Manistique, MI (“excellent area between websites,” really useful twice)
- Apple Valley Farm Motorcoach Resort (“beautiful paving and landscaping with timber between!”)
Your Should-Have RV Resort Facilities
If this listing doesn’t embrace your must-have RV resort facilities (or your deal breakers), please remark beneath. We’d admire your enter, as I’m positive any RV developer or renovator studying this might, too.
Discussing RV resort facilities is only one instance of informative, insightful, and even entertaining posts we see in our Fb group. When you’d like to hitch the conversations, please be a part of our RV Way of life Fb group.
Need Campground Suggestions?
The surest technique to uncover a terrific campground is to ask a fellow RVer. That’s why we embrace campground suggestions in all of our RV journey guides. These are locations that Jennifer and I’ve stayed in alongside our favourite highway journeys.
So, remember to take a look at our assortment of RV Journey guides with full itineraries. We cowl the whole lot from locations to remain to issues to do, and plenty in between!
On the lookout for extra Skilled RV Journey concepts and RV Journey solutions?
We’ve written a library of RV Journey books that lay out guided RV explorations of scenic areas of the US that we’’ve explored and assume would make a wonderful RV journey for you.
In every location, we offer a prompt route and itinerary (7 stops in every information, one for every day of per week journey!) in addition to hyperlinks to a number of campgrounds and boondocking spots, native suggestions, and fascinating issues to do at every location.
You may hit the whole lot in seven days, do a whirlwind weekend tour, or you may take your time and discover the realm over a 2+ week interval.
Planning an RV journey may be very time-consuming in order that’s why we’ve performed the analysis for you! Simply take our guides and use them, we’re positive you’ll have an RV journey for the ages! Immediate obtain. CLICK HERE for data on our RV Journey Guides
When you care much less about RV resort facilities and extra about privateness, then boondocking might be for you. It’s truly Jennifer and my most popular technique to journey.
We love boondocking a lot that we’ve written a whole information for folks contemplating boondocking or simply beginning out. With over 10 years of boondocking expertise, we’ve loads of useful insights to share!
Wish to learn to boondock?
We created a PRINT model of our hottest information that can assist you with the most typical boondocking issues. We get a ton of questions from our subscribers about the right way to get began boondocking that vary from the place to go and wild animals to water conservation to what gear to make use of and extra.
Throw off the shackles of conventional RV Parks and campgrounds, cease paying excessive charges each night time that you just spend in your RV, and expertise the boundless quantities of nature whereas boondocking.
You’re performed with the noisy RV parks, the three.5 toes of room you have got squished in between two different RVs, and different folks’s youngsters operating via your campsite?
You’ve ditched the hookups, the concrete blocks and have changed them with self-leveling and Navy showers?