Morro Bay State Park options lagoon and pure bay habitat. The bay’s most outstanding landmark is Morro Rock. The park has alternatives for crusing, fishing, mountain climbing, and chicken watching. The park museum has displays that cowl pure options and cultural historical past, Native American life, geology, and oceanography. The park additionally has a colourful marina and an 18-hole public golf course. On the bay’s northeast edge is a pristine saltwater marsh that helps a thriving chicken inhabitants.
- Charges embrace entry for 1 automobile and 1 legally towed automobile or trailer, extra autos shall be charged per night time on the park. Though your web site might maintain 2 or extra autos, your reservation solely covers 1 automobile (aside from group or specialty websites).
- No Further Autos and No Overflow Parking after the two Car most per campsite.
- Canines have to be leashed within the campground. Canines are prohibited on the seashore.
- Related Pacific Constructors (Marina & restaurant)
- Metropolis of Morro Bay (Morro Bay Marina)
- County of San Luis Obispo dba Morro Bay Golf Course (Morro Bay Golf Course)
- RV Leases on the Central Coast (Tenting Trailer Rental Companies)
- Sani-Star, LLC. (Automated RV Dump Payment Assortment System)
Location – Instructions
From San Luis Obispo take Freeway 1 north to the Los Osos – Baywood Park offramp. Flip left, go about 1 mile and switch proper into the state park.
From the South, take Freeway 101 northbound to the Los Osos – Baywood Park offramp. Flip left towards Los Osos and journey about 10 miles to South Bay Blvd., then flip proper and go about 3 miles to the state park entrance.
The Museum of Pure Historical past is within the park. Drive about 1/10th mile, previous the campground and the marina, then flip left into the museum parking zone.
Seasons – Local weather – Advisable clothes
Morro Bay has average climate. Throughout summer season days the world is 30 levels cooler than inland areas. Gown in layers, particularly on the ocean. Because the water right here is cooler than in Southern California, surfers typically put on wetsuits.
Museum of Pure Historical past
A go to to the Central Coast of California just isn’t full and not using a cease on the Museum of Pure Historical past in Morro Bay State Park. The museum provides actions for all ages: nature walks, displays, lectures, puppet exhibits, movies, docent led excursions and particular occasions.
Go to the Chumash backyard alongside the aspect of the museum and find out how the Chumash used native crops of this space of their day by day lives.
The Museum of Pure Historical past is inside minutes of the Heron Rookery, Morro Bay State Park, Montaña de Oro State Park, the El Moro Elfin Forest and Audubon’s Candy Springs Nature Protect. The museum overlooks Morro Bay which is each a State and Nationwide Estuary.