WBB Performs At Seton Corridor On Sunday
SOUTH ORANGE, N.J. — The No. 24 Marquette ladies’s basketball group (7-1, 1-0 BIG EAST) continues its east coast highway swing this weekend because it continues BIG EAST Convention play with a contest on Sunday, Dec. 4, towards Seton Corridor (5-3, 1-0 BIG EAST). The Golden Eagles and the Pirates will tip-off at 12 p.m. (CT) from Walsh Gymnasium in Seton Corridor, New Jersey. The sport shall be broadcast by BIG EAST Digital community on FloHoops with John Fanta (play-by-play), Phil Stern (analyst) and Meghan Caffrey (analyst) on the decision. Reside stats and stream hyperlinks can be found at GoMarquette.com.
Within the group’s BIG EAST opener on Friday, Marquette took down Georgetown in Washington D.C. with a 78-57 win. Marquette managed the sport for almost all of the competition, sparked by Jordan King’s 23 factors and double-double performances from each Liza Karlen and Chloe Marotta.
The Pirates enter the competition with a 5-3 mark on the younger season, and is coming off of three-straight wins. Like Marquette, Seton Corridor additionally opened league play with a highway win on Friday as they traveled to Cincinnati to submit a 74-55 win over Xavier. The Pirates have additionally earned wins over Saint Peter’s, Rutgers, Wisconsin and Georgia.
This 12 months’s Seton Corridor squad has as soon as once more been led statistically by senior guard Lauren Park-Lane, who averages team-best marks of 19.9 factors and 5.7 assists per recreation. Graduate ahead/heart Sidney Cooks leads the squad on the glass with 7.0 rebounds per contest.
Marquette and Seton Corridor have met up 28 instances in a collection which dates again to 2006, the Golden Eagles main 17-10. Final season, the groups every posted wins on their house courts, Seton Corridor profitable 69-57 in South Orange and Marquette profitable 62-43 in Milwaukee.
SCOUTING THE PIRATES
• Seton Corridor enters Sunday’s contest with a 5-3 mark on the season, and a 1-0 begin to BIG EAST play.
• In 2021-22 the Pirates went 24-13 general with a 12-8 mark in league play earlier than making a run to the WNIT championship recreation.
• SHU opened league play on the highway on Friday night in Cincinnati, incomes a 74-55 win over Xavier.
• The group has been led statistically this season by senior guard Lauren Park-Lane, who averages team-best marks of 19.9 factors and 5.7 assists per recreation.
• Graduate ahead/heart Sidney Cooks leads the squad on the glass with 7.0 rebounds per contest.
ALL-TIME SERIES AGAINST SETON HALL
• Sunday’s assembly would be the twenty eighth all-time between Marquette and Seton Corridor, a collection which started in 2006.
• Marquette has the benefit within the all-time collection, holding a 17-10 document.
• MU has received eight of the previous 11 conferences, although the Pirates have received three of the previous 4.
• The groups every received at house final season, SHU posting a 69-57 win in South Orange on Dec. 19 and Marquette profitable 62-43 in Milwaukee on Jan. 26.
DATE LOCATION RESULT SCORE
1/26/22 H W 62-43
12/19/21 A L 57-69
1/15/29 A L 66-77
2/7/20 A L 60-72
1/12/20 H W 81-60
• The Golden Eagles are 41-16 towards BIG EAST opponents beneath Coach Duffy.
• Coach Duffy is off to the most effective teaching begin by means of 4 seasons of any coach in program historical past. She boasts a 73-27 general mark (.730) at Marquette.
• The Golden Eagles are 61-3 beneath Coach Duffy when main at halftime and 44-5 once they flip the ball over the identical or fewer instances than their opponent.
• MU is 41-4 when scoring greater than 70 factors beneath Coach Duffy and 50-5 when taking pictures extra free throws than its opponent.
• Within the 100 video games of the Coach Duffy period, the Golden Eagles have out-rebounded their opponent 83 instances.
• Friday’s contest at Georgetown marked the one centesimal recreation coached at Marquette for head coach Megan Duffy, in addition to the one centesimal recreation of senior guard Jordan King’s school profession.
• The duo, who every arrived in Milwaukee for the 2019-20 season, have mixed to assist the group to a 73-27 document in that point. King has began all 100 video games of her profession.
• With a .730 profitable proportion, this has confirmed to be one of many winningest player-coach duos in program historical past.
DEBUTING IN THE POLLS
• After getting off to considered one of its strongest-ever begins to a season, Marquette has began to obtain nationwide consideration in each the AP and the Coaches High 25 polls.
• The Golden Eagles make their season debut within the AP High 25, checking in at No. 24 after receiving votes the week prior.
• MU can be No. 24 within the WBCA Coaches Ballot, transferring up from 25 the week prior.
• Previous to this season, Marquette’s most up-to-date rating in each polls got here the ultimate week of the 2019 season, when it was ranked in each.
SPREADING THE WEALTH
• Certainly one of Marquette’s greatest strengths thus far this season has been its general depth and robust bench play.
• Three completely different gamers are at the moment averaging over 10 factors per recreation this season in Liza Karlen (14.1), Chloe Marotta (13.6) and Jordan King (12.7), whereas Mackenzie Hare, Rose Nkumu and Nia Clark all common five-plus factors as effectively.
• 30 p.c of the group’s factors this season have come off the bench, whereas 10 completely different gamers common a minimum of 10 minutes per recreation.
OFF TO A STRONG START
• With a 6-1 mark by means of seven video games, Marquette has tied its finest begin to a season in over a decade (2010-11).
• The Golden Eagles have began 6-1 9 instances in program historical past, most not too long ago in 2019-20, however have hit 7-1 simply 4 instances.
• This system’s finest ever begin to a season got here in 2006-07 when it began 15-1.
BIG EAST SHOWING UP BIG TIME
• Coming into the primary weekend of league play, the BIG EAST has confirmed itself as one of many strongest ladies’s basketball conferences within the nation this season.
• Together with Marquette, three different groups have been ranked in the newest AP Ballot as UConn sits at No. 3, Creighton at No. 23 and Villanova at No. 25.
• That is the primary time because the last ballot of 2012-13 that the league has had 4 groups ranked on the similar time.
• BIG EAST groups are a mixed 56-14 (.800) in non-conference play.
• In opposition to High-25 groups, the league is a mixed 8-2 this 12 months with a 12-4 document towards groups from “Energy 5” conferences.
• The BIG EAST additionally boasts the three of the highest six particular person scorers within the nation with Villanova’s Maddy Siegrist (27.1), DePaul’s Aneesah Morrow (26.7) and UConn’s Azzi Fudd (24.0).
A SUCCESSFUL TRIP TO PARADISE
• Marquette improved to 5-1 on the season with a 2-1 mark final week on the Battle 4 Atlantis in The Bahamas.
• The Golden Eagles entered as considered one of simply two groups within the eight-team area who weren’t receiving votes within the AP Ballot, and made a run all the way in which to the championship recreation, the place they fell in additional time 66-58 to #20 UCLA.
• Within the opening spherical of the event, MU defeated #3 Texas 68-61 to earn its highest-ranked win in program historical past behind career-best scoring performances from Jordan King (25 factors) and Rose Nkumu (16 factors).
• Going through off within the semifinal spherical towards RV Gonzaga, Marquette used stifling protection down the stretch to carry the Zags with no area purpose for the ultimate 7:47 of motion to earn a 70-66 win.
• The senior duo of Chloe Marotta and Jordan King garnered all-Match group honors. Marotta averaged 13.0 factors, 5.7 rebounds and three.0 assists per recreation, whereas King went for 16.0 factors, 3.7 boards and a pair of.3 assists per outing.
DOING IT AGAINST THE BEST
• Marquette’s early season success has been spectacular not simply due to the variety of wins, however due to the competitors it’s profitable towards.
• 4 of MU’s six non-conference wins this season have come towards 2021-22 convention champions. It has taken down FDU (Northeast Convention), Holy Cross (Patriot League), Texas (Massive 12) and Gonzaga (WCC).
WHAT’S ON TAP?
• The Golden Eagles return house to the Al McGuire Heart as they return to non-conference play towards Morgan State on Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 7 p.m. CT.
• The sport shall be broadcast on FloHoops, with hyperlinks to the stream and dwell stats obtainable on GoMarquette.com.